St. Rita School
LIVING as members of our Catholic Parish Faith Community,
LOVING God and all his creation, and
LEARNING for our future on earth and in heaven.
Today St. Rita’s goal is to foster a lifelong love of learning with an academic foundation infused with the Catholic faith.
In 1925, Augustinian priests and brothers arrived in Racine where they converted a bowling alley into a chapel. St Rita’s Church was dedicated in 1926. In September 1929, St. Rita School opened under direction of two Racine Dominicans. In 1952, the parish purchased the North Racine School on Highway 32 (now Lathrop Furniture) to accommodate the parish’s growing school population. Still expanding, in 1966, the first five rooms of the current school building were erected. They made additions over the years, including a gym, kitchen and science room.
4433 Douglas Avenue
Racine, WI 53402
3K – 8th
8:05 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.
Dr. Susan Savaglio-Jarvis
Art, Music, Physical Education
St. Rita Parish
Royal Blue and White