St. Lucy Parish School
St Lucy Parish School is a parochial school, deeply rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Catholic Church. In the great tradition of Catholic education, we remain devoted to the development of the whole person in each of our students.
The School strives to nurture in its students, an awareness and love of God and a sense of moral responsibility. We believe that the spiritual growth of our students gives meaning to their intellectual and physical pursuits. We hold that it is only in the context of valuing their relationship with God, discovering their individual gifts and talents, and accepting their responsibilities toward self and community, that they can pursue an education that prepares them to lead fulfilling lives.
In 1917, the Catholic Instruction League opened a center in Racine. This space was used to provide religious instruction to children in public schools and to adults in need of faith formation. In 1925, the center became a recognized mission and was named in honor of St. Lucy. A new church was built in 1933. Honoring its heritage as a center for education and catechesis, St. Lucy Parish broke ground on a new school in 1960 with the school staffed by the Racine Dominicans.
With a communal focus on faith, family, and friendships, St. Lucy School strives to nurture in its students an awareness and love of God and a sense of moral responsibility.
3035 Drexel Avenue
Racine, WI 53403
3K – 8th
7:20am – 2:20pm
Art, Library/Computer, Music, Physical Education, Spanish
Green and Gold