Our Lady Of Grace Academy
We educate and form children to see through the eyes of Christ, embracing faith, hope, and love.
We are Honor, Integrity, Discipline... We are Our Lady of Grace Academy
Honor. Integrity. Discipline.
St. Edward Parish was established in 1919 when Milwaukee Archbishop Sebastian Messmer appointed Fr. John Bott, a Racine native, to establish a parish in a new neighborhood on the west side of town. St. Edward School was dedicated in 1927. From the beginning, the story of St. Edward School, and of religious instruction in the parish, has been linked to the Racine Dominicans. In 1959, the addition to the east side of the school and the building of a convent were completed. The post-war baby boom had doubled the enrollment of the school over the course of the decade, from 390 students in 1951 to 840 by 1961.
A few miles to the southwest, in 1905, Reverend Philip Dreis heard about the desire for a Catholic parish in Johnson Crossing. Rev. Dreis said Mass at Lingsweiler Hall, a gathering place for the village located above a grocery store, where they held the first worship service of what would become St. Sebastian Parish in Sturtevant. In 1907, the church was dedicated. Breaking ground on its new school in January of 1956, St. Sebastian School would open in the fall of the same year.
St. Sebastian School merged with St. Edward’s in 2011 to become Our Lady of Grace Academy where the students focus on core values of Honor, Integrity, and Discipline.